Popular Posts

Saturday, October 29, 2011

gratitude for my mother!

http://www.epm.org/static/uploads/images/ElizabethWithValerie.jpg
I think I was the happiest child on earth from 1956 to 1963.  I lived in the jungle, had lots of Indian friends, and a mother who loved me and taught me about God's love and care.  We went to bed by 6:30 every night (that's when it got dark) and were up by 6 every morning.

All I had to do was eat, sleep, play, and obey my mother!  She was very worthy of my respect and love.  She spoke the truth to me, clearly, and spoke no vain words.  She meant everything she said, and she was kind and affectionate with me. She sang to me, "The Lord is my Shepherd," "Jesus, Tender Shepherd hear me," "He Leadeth me, O Blessed Thought," "Jesus, the very Thought of Thee,"  and "Beneath the Cross of Jesus."  She prayed with me, lovely, simple prayers, of thanksgiving and trust.  I will be forever grateful to my Father in heaven for her, and to my own father, who asked her to marry him!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is a woman sold out to Jesus. An amazing example to all women of how to give and forgive.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell how you came to this blogsite.