Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

no news about Pilipinto's Happiness!

For those of you who have asked about getting Pilipinto's H. again, it is not in print, and I would very much like to get it in print this coming year.  I need to find a new publisher and need to shorten it a little for younger readers, as well as put a few more drawings in by my Uncle Jim.  I'm open to any suggestions as to a publisher.  Please write to shepelliot@gmail.com.  My friend who answers that email will let me know when I have comments that I need to do something about! With the writing of Devotedly, I had completely dropped doing anything on the blog, and now checking the comments, I'm sorry to those of you who had written and I had not answered back!

Please pray that I can find a publisher who is willing to do this book.

And here's a quote that I recently discovered from C.S. Lewis.
"Remember, tho' we struggle against things because we are afraid of them, it is often the other way round -- we get afraid BECAUSE we struggle...Our Lord says to you, 'Peace, child, peace. Relax. Let go.  Underneath are the everlasting arms. Let go, I will catch you."  he wrote this in a letter to Mary Shelburne on June 17, 1963

That helped me, and I hope it helps you too!

2 comments:

  1. Yes it helped me greatly! Everything you say ( your mother & dad too) has helped me
    Found this when I researched your church because it yall are living in my state
    Thank you! I have some questions but no time to ask now
    Sincerely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I so rarely get on this blog anymore that I hadn't seen this till now. I'm so sorry. We now live in MS because my husband retired, but Christ Coastal church is still active and a wonderful group of loving people who love the Lord. The Pastor is David Hubbs, who is an excellent teacher and I hope you get to visit there. Valerie, and by the way, my itinerary of speaking will be on my public Facebook- )"Valerie Elliot Shepard" with a picture of me in a pink blouse looking to the side)...I'll be speaking in Greensboro this weekend- Friday and Sat at Cornerstone baptist church
    5736 Inman Rd
    Greensboro, NC 27410
    JoAnn Hampton (she works at the church)
    336-665-1944 (church office)
    Cornerstonegso.org

    ReplyDelete

Please tell how you came to this blogsite.