Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

His Word is dependable and lays us open!


God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon’s scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God’s Word. We can’t get away from it—no matter what. (Hebrews 4:12, 13 MSG)

Don't you want to know the reality of your own heart? I mean I know I'm a sinner, but sometimes I don't see exactly what that means! So, reading His Word will "lay us open" to see our hearts as HE sees them, and His rebuke is loving and so good, because of His Grace through Christ. Praise Him that we still have His Word to look into, and if we sincerely ask His Spirit to teach us and show us our hearts He is faithful to answer! And He gave us His Spirit to lead us into righteousness....may I not allow my heart to be hardened so that I become impervious to His Word. But if I stray, He is the Good Shepherd and will draw me back to Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell how you came to this blogsite.