Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

When Bad News Comes!

In my reading this morning, I was impressed with a hymn, and a reading from my little book called God Calling. My daughter had some bad news yesterday, so I was thinking of her, and realized again, that EVERY event that happens to us is cause for more trust and more confidence in our good and loving Father. Here's the hymn:

Safe in the Shadow of the Lord beneath His hand and pow'r,
I trust in Him, I trust in Him, My fortress and my tow'r.

My hope is set on God alone though Satan spreads his snare,
I trust in Him, I trust in Him, to keep me in His care.
From fears and phantoms of the night, from foes about my way,
I trust in Him, I trust in Him, by darkness as by day.

His holy angels keep my feet secure from every stone,
I trust in Him, I trust in Him, And unafraid go on.

Strong in the Everlasting Name, and in my Father's care,
I trust in Him, I trust in Him and meet His love with mine.

Safe in the Shadow of the Lord, possessed by love divine,
I trust in Him, I trust in Him, and meet His love with mine.

We have the joy of putting our complete confidence in Him, and knowing that He is WORTH the trust, and worth our time! That thought has come to me over and over again, that He is worth my time and attention.

Here's the reading from God Calling:

"Keep calm. Keep your Spirit-Life calm and unruffled. Nothing else matters. Leave all to Me. This is your great task, to get calm in My Presence, not to let one ruffled feeling stay for one moment. Years of blessing may be checked in one moment by that. Pour forth~pour forth~pour forth~ I cannot bless a life that does not act as a channel. My Spirit brooks no stagnation, not even rest. Its Power must flow on. Pass on everything, every blessing. Abide in Me. See how many you can bless each day. Dwell much in My Presence."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell how you came to this blogsite.