Popular Posts

Friday, March 18, 2011

Gratitude , March 18, 2011

How Gratitude changes my daily perspective!  For some reason, and it must be the Holy Spirit, today I have been so joyful, and there wasn't anything particularly amazing that happened.  I had a medical procedure done, and during it I was so focused on the Lord being my strength.  Afterwards, as my husband drove us to 2 different stores, we had trouble with our Garmin, but even in that little irritation, I was thankful.  We had a phone call with a Reliv distributor who is also a church planter, and that encouraged us both, which made me thankful.  One of the stores where Walt went in to shop was overcrowded, which made the shopping harder, but while he was in the store, I laid down in the car, laid awake thanking God for so many things, dozed a little, and woke up on the dot of when I had to make another Reliv call.  Again, though it didn't connect the people I wanted to connect, I had this sense of  God being in control, and it will all work out, so, again, I was thankful.  Why are there some days when this happens, and others, when we seem to push and drag ourselves through our work, and we feel unfocused and frustrated?  My oldest son, when he was about 3, was asked what he wanted to be when he grew up, and he answered, "Don't wanna be frustrated."   This is so true for all of us!  Lord, deliver us from being frustrated when things don't work out the way we want, and teach us to be always thankful, always aware of Your presence and power, ennabling us to look to you and be thankful.   How Gratitude has helped me today!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing about your VICTORIOUS Day!
    I rarely have those but you have inspired me with exactly what it might look like.
    I do not struggle so much with frustration as with just apathy to Him and His ways.
    I spend far too much time just talking to MYSELF when He is right there!
    ugh.
    I am thankful, as you said in your post about Psalm 86, that He knows this about me and loves me still!
    Praises!
    Thanks, Friend for pointing me heavenward again.
    Love ,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please tell how you came to this blogsite.